Friday 6 September 2013

Classy Cannisters


When three thoughts come together.......

1.    Two of the little things in life that make me happy are coffee and recycling.  So I was doubly chuffed when it dawned on me that I could recycle our coffee tins.  Don't get me wrong, previously they never actually made it into the bin, hubby usually whisked them away for use in his workshop.  

2.    I was recently pondering how to inexpensively revamp my pantry.  I have taken more of an interest in cooking from scratch lately and have lots of ingredients in bags and other assorted mismatched containers.

3.    I love using mod podge

Thoroughly clean and dry the inside of the container and remove the outer label.

Select your scrapbooking paper.  Measure container and cut paper accordingly.  With a sponge brush, apply mod podge to the wrong side of the paper and position it on the container, being careful not to have any air bubbles.

Set aside and allow to dry.  I then added the labels, but you could do this at the end if you think you might change them later
Apply 3 coats of mod podge to the papered container, allowing 20 minutes drying time between each coat.    

 And there you have it - some recycling and a really inexpensive way to jazz up your pantry...or indeed any area of your home that needs a bit of updating.




You can use a can opener to remove the lid lip and then they make great  containers for holding kitchen utensils, pens, pencils and anything else you can think of.

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...