Saturday 2 February 2013

The Week That Was #5

WOW, this week started as windy, wet and wild, and not in any fun way.  The Australia Day long weekend was spent getting through the severe weather of an ex-tropical cyclone, that was working its way down the QLD coast.
We live in a high set, so we weren't worried about our home flooding, but it got a bit uncomfortable when we lost power for two days.  We all adapted really well though, even the 13 year old who was suffering from playstation withdrawals.


Somewhere behind these candles is me sitting on the lounge, discovering that I can actually crochet by feel, rather than sight.
  

Needless to say, we didn't do much outdoor eating over the long weekend.


Both kids were finally both back at school on Wednesday.  


And they went back with all of their school books covered and stationery labelled.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't  make myself enjoy doing this chore.


Creatively, I am getting some new supplies in to make some jewellery and also to stock in my craftumi shop. It has been ages since I have played around with beads, and I am really looking forward to it. 


I am also still crocheting face clothes.  These two are done in 3ply cotton and are lovely and delicate.


The really exciting part of this week has been getting more of my designs into my redbubble shop.  And there are  more to come :)

I hope you have had a lovely week and that next week is good to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...