Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ikeaing

We have been Ikeaing......... You know how it is, when you are a crafter, you can never ever have enough supplies.  But eventually you have to have more room to store them all (heaven forbid you stop collecting supplies) This has happened to me, so we took a trip to Ikea last week and finally this week we put the new shelves together for my work area.  We have Ikeaed many times in the past and (God love him) my hubby will actually glance at the instructions, so there is not a lot of stress involved, as you can see......




And now my new shelves are in position, but until I sort things out and find a home for everything.......my work area is the messiest it has ever been and is completely unusable.  Oh well, that might be a job for tomorrow.  I am a bit tired from Ikeaing now:)


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new storage space. I love Ikeaing! And I've found their shelves to be relatively easy to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting to really take shape there Karen... wish mine was that simple.. I have shelves on top of shelves on top of shelves with some drawers in there some where... hehehe.. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Ikea is like a candy store for adults! So many good finds! :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome :)It is so exciting to organize all the treasures :) I am working on mine too again since I am moving around in the house dining table is just too busy :) but I've got a spot in the bedroom so just in case if I stay up too late I can just fall into the bed from the craft chair :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right....we can NEVER have enough supplies!! My house should be renamed "The craft & fabric shop" (I kid you not!) I do love when I get time to sort through it all because it is just like going shopping in your own house! Have fun sorting!

    Jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic! Have heaps of fun sorting everything into their new homes :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Karen, now I will have to go to Ikea this weekend while in Brisbane and also the Kaiser outlet factory. Cannot buy too much or it will not fit in my car on the way home. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha this was how we spent our saturday night!! Got the big expedit put together with minimal swearing and name calling!! I am a huge ikea fan and would love to get there without my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ikeaing - a very important verb :) Your 'unusable' space looks pretty immaculate to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ikeaing sounds like so much fun, I have never even stepped instead the haven let alone made a purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Ikeaing. I need to do it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Ikea! On our last trip we bought 5 sets of draws for when we move. My hubs is SO looking forward to putting them all together...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...